The following configuration is needed to use Messagenet VoIP service with the VOISPEED switchboard.
Configuration takes place through a WEB interface:
- Enabled = checked
- Operator Name = Messagenet
- VoIP Proxy = sip.messagenet.it:5061
- VoIP Realm: sip.messagenet.it
- Username = your user name (provided by Messagenet when you signed up for your account)
- Password = your account password (provided by Messagenet when you signed up for your account)
- Voice Codification = A-law (Europe) G.711 standard, PCMA variant: the most common standard in Europe in which each conversation occupies 80 kb/s (80 kb/s in upload + 80 kb/s in download); GSM: widely used compressed codec in which each conversation occupies 30 kb/s (30 kb/s in upload + 30 kb/s in download)
- Sending DTMF = via RTP: tones are send outside of the band according to the SIP standard (RFC2833); via SIP INFO: tones are sent using a SIP method included in the recommendation RFC3261 (not advised)
- Always Registered = Not selected
- Use Half Frame = Not selected
- Registration expiry = 60
Other settings can be selected or not, depending on the user's preferences.
- Always hide the caller = defines whether the outgoing call using this operator must be visualised with unknown caller ID.
- Record all calls = specifies whether or not the VOispeed server must record all incoming and outgoing calls that use the Messagenet operator
It is also very important to match area codes to the Messagenet operator The area codes allow the server to evaluate whether or not to route the outgoing call through the Messagenet operator. If you want the Messagenet operator to be considered for all calls to national, international and mobile numbers, we suggest entering the area codes 0 (national, international) and 3 (mobiles), leaving the predefined cost = 0. For other examples and more details about configuring the VOIspeed switchboard, please see the online manual on the sites www.voispeed.com and www.centralinopronto.it.